Indie Rapper | Writer | Chef | Entrepreneur
Quanstar is an underground hip hop artist out of Atlanta. Originally from Compton, his early influences were artists like Ice Cube, Souls of Mischief, and Common.
Quanstar’s music reflects his interests and history. Sometimes he tells stories of his life growing up in Compton in the ’90’s; sometimes he’s spitting intricate lyrics referencing comics, sci-fi, or his love anime; and other times he’s talking about fatherhood and marriage.
Quanstar’s passion is creating and pushing forth indie hip hop culture through advocacy and education.
- 1000+ tour dates from over 20 years of touring as independent artist.
- North America, Europe, Asia.
- Over 95% booked and planned himself.
- 15+ commercially released studio projects.
- Books authored:
- Water From Turnips
- They Told Me This Would Sell
- A Rapper’s Words comic series
- Creator of “As Far As My Eyes Can See” narrative podcast.
- Self-taught chef and owner of Family’s Favorite Foods coffee roaster and vegan food company.
- Shared stages or toured with:
- Immortal Technique, Slick Rick, Akil The MC of Jurassic 5, Dres of Black Sheep, Little Brother, Cesar Comanche, A Plus, Casual, Blueprint, Illogic, Kosher Dillz, and more.